For the extreme dog!
Please note The Hurtta Extreme Warmer is only shipped in Canada
Built in Europe but made for Canadian winters. The Extreme Warmer is designed to provide the ultimate in warmth for extended outdoor activities in cold weather during playtime, training, or competition. Even in the harshest of winters it will keep your dog warm. It is perfect for protecting your dog when extended periods of time in the coldest of climates cannot be avoided. The unique lining reflects the dog’s own body heat stimulating blood circulation unlike a regular winter jacket. Keeping your dog’s muscles warm will help prevent injuries during any active outdoor cold weather dog sports. The outer material is laminated with a waterproof yet breathable film. Reflective piping on the seams of the back of the jacket and seams on the back section are taped. The inside lining of the jacket is a smooth polyester to prevent tangling in your dog’s fur. Along with the high protective collar it has a warming tricot hood designed to protect your dog’s head and ears from the extreme cold. The Extreme Warmer protects the most important muscle groups for the dog’s heat production, as well as the sensitive abdomen, chest and neck area. It features an adjustable back length, collar and waist, plus a protective rear hem. The Jacket also has a leash opening for a collar or harness attachment size of 12″ Smaller size jackets feature a ring fastener for a leash. Available in granite, lingon and orange.
Fitting your Hurtta Coat
- The back length should be measured from the withers ( not the collar) to the base of the tail while the dog is standing in a normal position
- The neckline should be measured at the base of the neck, this being the widest point of the neck. The neckline of the jacket can be larger than the circumference of the dog’s neck. It is adjustable.
- The chest should be measured at the widest point of the dogs chest right behind the front legs. To ensure freedom of movement, the chest of the jacket should be 5-20cm or 2/7″ wider than the dogs chest.
- The front leg length should be measured from the bottom of the ribcage along the inner side of the leg to the wrist bone. The legs of the jacket are an appropriate length when they reach down to the dogs forearms
NOTE: If the purpose of the jacket is to protect the fur of a long haired dog, the legs of the jacket can be longer than listed. However, the jacket should only be worn when the dog is on a leash or supervised by it’s owner.
- Waterproof yet breathable.
- Water resistant
- Breathability 3 Cubic metres/24h
- Lining is 100% polyester with a hot foil that reflects your dogs own body heat
- Taped front and rear seams
- 3m reflectors for visibility in low light situations
- Adjustable back length
- High tricot hood protects both the ears and neck
- Protects the important muscle groups
- A leash opening for harness or collar in sizes 12″ to 26″
- A ring for fastening a leash in size 10
Size Back length cm/inch Neckline cm/inch Chest cm/inch
25cm/10″ 25cm/10″ 36cm/14″ 25-40cm/14-16″
30cm/12″ 30cm/12″ 42cm/17″ 45-55cm/18-22″
35cm/14″ 35cm/14″ 50cm/20″ 50-60cm/20″-24″
40cm/16″ 40cm/16″ 52cm/20″ 55-70cm/22-28″
45cm/18″ 45cm/18″ 58cm/23″ 70-80cm/28″-32″
50cm/20″ 50cm/20″ 62cm/24″ 70-80cm/28″-32″
55cm/22″ 55cm/20″ 68cm/27″ 70-80cm/28″-32″
60cm/24″ 60cm/24 72cm/28″ 75-85cm/30″-33″
65cm/26″ 65cm/26″ 74cm/29″ 80-95cm/32″-37″
Size Suggested Breed
10 inch Chihuahua, Papillion, Toy Poodle, Maltese, Silky Terrier
12 inch Miniature Poodle, Tibetan Spaniel, Italian Greyhound
14 inch Jack Russell, Border Terrier, Shetland Sheepdog
16 inch German Pinscher, Beagle, Basenji, Miniature Daschund
18 inch Cocker Spaniel, Pumi, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Drever
20 inch Spanish Water Dog, Standard Schnauzer, Wheaton Terrier
22 inch Border Collie, Welsh Springer Spaniel, Whippet, Australian Shepherd
24 inch Golden Retriever, Dalmatian, Labrador Retriever
26 inch Boxer, Rottweiler, Belgian Shepherd, Afghan Hound
Piptip: In between sizes? We suggest sizing down